Friday, August 13, 2010

More and More Ketchup

Since I am so behind on my blog, I am just going to do a quick recap for right now.

July 17= Zushi Beach

July 18= Canyoning

July 24-25= Nikko (where we did not get to pet monkeys, but where we had our first onsen experience and Megan sprayed some poor Japanese lady with the shower hose on accident, which was hilarious by the way)

July 31- Aug 1= Light Festival
So, basically three counselors (Jen, Caitlin, and me) got adopted by the family of these two kids from camp, and we got to go into Tokyo on Saturday and stay at a super nice hotel overnight. The hotel was called the New Sanno, and it was specifically for military people. The family, the Gilberts, took us to lunch and then to the festival that apparently had the biggest display of fireworks out of the whole entire year. There were so many people there, and a lot of the girls were all dressed up in their yukatas and looking all Japanese and stuff. The two kids from the family we were with, Ginger and Carter, were wearing these cute little yukatas too. Unfortunately, we didn't see the fireworks very well because we apparently didn't pick a good spot to sit in, but it was still pretty awesome. Ginger about cried though when some Japanese guy bumped into her. Then the next day, we went swimming in an indoor pool and then the Gilberts treated us to this amazing breakfast buffet. They had almost everything!!! It was delicious!!!

Aug 7= Mt. Fuji
I got up at 1 in the morning (after 2 hours of sleep) to climb Fuji-yama. We got there at about 5 and started the climb at 5:30. All I can say is... it was hard. I was going to walk with Megan, but she walked too fast. So I hung back and ended up walking with Aquatics girls (Monica, Molly, Stacey, CJ to name a few). It was nice to hang out with them since I usually only hang out with day camp people. Anywho, I made it to the top at around 12:10, which wasn't too bad considering we had to start climbing down at 1. Unfortunately, though, I missed two stamps at the top (for my Fuji stick) because they were hidden away apparently... although somehow everyone else managed to find them hehe. Then I headed down with two other aquatics girls, Danielle and Beth, and so the hell began. At first it was fine, but then all that slipping and sliding (fell on my butt) and those neverending switchbacks just get to you. I was so sore and tired by the time me and Danielle got off those switchbacks (Beth was far ahead by then), and I was done with downhill... but apparently it wasn't done with me. There was still more downhill and a bunch of stairs. Somehow, we managed to make it by 5, exactly right on time, but it was tough. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I forgot to put on sunscreen??? My back is peeling like crazy now...

Aug 8= Shopping in Yokosuka
Going up and down stairs is killer, so we pretty much hang around base and go to the hundred yen store out in town. got some shopping done.

Aug 10= Date Night
Danielle, my walking buddy from Fuji, asks me out on a date!!! (Since aquatics and day camp people never really hang out, the directors devised this date night thing where we all go out together.) A big group of us went to the Officer's Mess where they were having Mongolian BBQ. We got to make up our own bowl of stuff, they fry it up, and yum!!!!

Aug 13= Eating Out
Some staff from the SAC center invited us out to eat dinner. (It was the staff from the green room, and they invited me along since I was in green room this week). It was Miss Itsuko, Miss Shige, and Mr. Jeremy who invited us, and me and Aaron and Allen who went. Miss Itsuko and Miss Shige just ordered a bunch of food and we all just shared it. It was really fun. I love the green room staff!!! Honestly, they help out a lot more than some of the red room staff. They participate in closing and blitz, and we really appreciate that. They are all super super nice... and they give me lots of extra food for snack!!!

Aug 14= Concert?
Hopefully going to a concert in Yokohama tomorrow, and it's supposed to be pretty awesome. Tokyo on Sunday, I think. Idk, we shall see!!!

I am soooo excited to go back to red room for the last week. Green room was a bit easier than red room, but my kids are cuter and therefore easier to forgive when they are naughty. I miss my kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment