Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yesterday we went to the aquarium, and that was... uh... interesting. It was nice because it was a field trip and we got to get out of the SAC center. But literally in the first five minutes of getting into the aquarium, two girls ran into each other, and i had to fill out two accident reports AND call their parents. Luckily, my director was there with me, so she actually called the parents while I wrote up the reports. Then it was crazy cuz we finished with the aquarium at like noon, and the bus left at 4. So then we walked the kids up this tiny little street and all the Japanese people were smiling and saying "kawaii!!!" (which means cute).

Then, on the bus back, one kid wrote "I love sex" in my notebook, and I then had to write another report up. Luckily I had the presence of mind to tear out the page and keep it, because when i had to talk to the kid's dad later, he asked for it. He said he wanted to "make sure it was his kid's handwriting." I was like, yeah. I know who it was. That was hard, though, because you could tell the dad was trying to defend his kid.

But yesterday wasn't too bad because it was a field trip day. Today was CRAZY. It was pouring all day, so we didn't go outside AT ALL, meaning we didn't even get to go bowling. But even before that, the kids were not listening at all. They were being ridiculously obnoxious, and the MWR staff had to talk to them like 5 times because they weren't listening to the Camp A staff at all. Miss Sandi and Miss Tiffani seriously saved our butts today. Ugh.

Haha and we played dodgeball tonight. By we, i mean the camp a staff. These guys are seriously competitive, and they were chucking balls hecka hard. (Btw, a lot of the guys are from sports camp and outdoor adventure camp). After a while, I said I wanted to play Medic Ball, and Brian got everyone to agree to it (thank you brian!!!). But then the west coasters were beating the midwesters BAD, and Jeremy (our PC from Iowa) decided to change the rules to the midwesters advantage. Sheesh. It was very rude.

I am super tired... but i am supposed to be doing programming right now because my programming week is the week after next. so i should go...

No comments:

Post a Comment