Friday, June 25, 2010

Thank god for weekends!!!

First week of camp is over. *giant sigh of relief*

It was tough. I don't have a voice right now because I was yelling at the kids so much. I seriously sound like a man right now, just saying.

Anyways, on Wednesday we were supposed to go bowling, but didn't. So Miss Sandi just went and got a movie for them to watch and we had free time. On Thursday, we had no little field trips planned, but it wasn't raining, so we got to take the kids outside a bunch, which seemed to run off a little bit of their extra energy.... for a while. Yesterday (Friday) we had swimming, parents BBQ, and cream the counselor.

Swimming was okay once we got there. But getting there and getting back was a trial. The BBQ with the kids parents started out very nicely. The kids were behaving for the most part. But, of course, that wouldn't last. I went through my whole list of attention getters for that thing.

Then, cream the counselor. Well, the kids loved it, at least. I got whipped cream in my eye!!!!

Haha but yesterday, the little tiny kid in our room that's the class A clinger, he wore this little wet suit thing for swimming, this swimming mask, and a little red swim cap. He looked like the little kid version of Scuba Steve!!! Oh, and a little girl came up to me, looking like she was about to cry, and she goes "ummm.... ummm... ummm.... ummm... ummmm..." and i was like WHAT!?!? And she says "I forgot what I was going to say."

Kids. Jeez.

Our PC and director are telling us that we shouldn't be having free time because that's not why camp adventure is there. But during lunch and snack, i swear there is really nothing else to do because the kids are so used to just doing whatever they want, and its impossible to hold their attention for very long. They just go play whatever things they want until snack's over, then we start up activities again. i think it's just good that they have (for the most part) stopped complaining about the pool table, air hockey, and video games not being open.

Today (saturday) all of camp adventure Japan is going to meet in front of the Big Buddha for a picture (it's apparently a tradition). Our PC has told us about this like 20 times since we got here from the states, but somehow, my roommate had NO IDEA about the trip. Yeah. She's a little oblivious. She's not going, though, because she wants to go to Tokyo, but she doesn't have a buddy to go with because everybodys going to kamakura. Sheesh. And she says she's thinking about joining the navy, and she asked me what officers do. i didn't laugh, i swear.

Tomorrow, me, aaron, and megan are hopefully going to Tokyo Disney. I am suuuuuuper excited. But i seriously need to finish my programming tonight then, or i can't go.... I already stayed up SUPER late on thursday night, and at camp the next day, I was crashing towards the end there. I got a nap, though, but i still have two rooms to program for. Ugh.

Okay, well, I better go. We are leaving soon, i think. I'm not really sure.... hehe.

I miss you guys!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Aly! It seems like your group last year was pretty challenging at the beginning too, and it got easier as you went along. It's all good practice :-). Have a great time at Tokyo Disney! We love you and miss you!!! Lots of hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete