Monday, July 5, 2010

I had an AMAZING weekend!!!

We left base at 5 in the morning on Saturday and didn't get back until 1800 today. Needless to say, i am tired. But I had soooo much fun!!!

There were four of us that went: Aaron, Megan, Spencer, and me. Some sports camp people also went (Krystal, Amanda, and Marcus), but they were in different hotels and in different cars on the trains.

On Saturday, we took the bullet train, the Shinkansen, to Kyoto. We walked around, went up in Kyoto Tower and took pictures with the figure called Tower-chan (you will see when I upload pictures... if i can find my camera cord). Then we saw some shrines and ate some good Japanese food. YUM! At night, we went to Gion (the part of Kyoto that is super old-fashioned, aka Geisha District) and saw a Geisha show. It was pretty awesome.

Sunday we slept in a bit, ate breakfast at Starbucks, and then went to see the Golden Shrine, since that was one of the main attractions in Kyoto. We met some Aussies as well as some high schoolers from DC, randomly ran into sports camp people for the second of many times (the first time was at Kyoto tower). We visited a Rock Garden, Toji Tower, and then we caught the train to Osaka.

I will tell the rest later because I need to go to bed. I just want to say that I love the group I travelled with! Spencer was absolutely ridiculous. He's like a little kid and he kept us laughing the entire time. Megan pretty much went along with all his antics, while me and Aaron just watched and laughed. Megan and Spencer's favorite thing to do was doorbell ditch at the hotel. Oh, and then to press all the buttons in the elevator right before we got off. Like I said, ridiculous.

More later. For now, i'm gonna get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment