Thursday, July 1, 2010

I wrote this two nights ago, I was just too lazy to go downstairs and get internet. =)

29 June 2010, Tuesday night

I have been soooooo busy that I haven’t really had time to do much of anything. For the most part, during my “free time” I’ve been programming. My programming was due on Thursday (haha) but I finished it on Sunday morning… oops hehe. And then my PC sent it back to me with corrections to make… ugh. Yesterday (Monday), they told me I had to edit my programming and get it back to them. But we also had two meetings after camp and a lot of prep. So I didn’t finish till like 2 in the morning, but whatever. At least it’s done.

On Friday night after camp, I did absolutely nothing but catch up on sleep and then some programming. On Saturday, all of Camp Adventure Japan went to Kamakura to take a picture in front of the giant Buddha. (Side story: Our PC has been telling us about this trip for a long time, and while it’s not mandatory, most everybody went. When I asked my roommate, though, if she was going, she had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain the whole thing to her, and she just goes “No, I think I’m going to Tokyo instead.” I asked her who she was going with, cuz we have to have buddies to travel, and she said she didn’t know yet. I was like “uhhhhh… okay.”)

Anyways, so we went to Kamakura, took some pictures, and walked around a bit. It was a cute little town, but it was FULL of people. There were tons of tourists. But the shops were all really cute. Unfortunately, though, I was walking around with the fitness people (there are a bunch of camp A programs here in Yokosuka: day camp, outdoor adventure, fitness, sport, and aquatics). The two fitness girls, Ellen and Laura, are pretty hard core, and we were walking quite a bit. They are go-go-go people, so we didn’t really get much time to linger in the shops. But that was okay, because we made it a lot of places that no one else did. Megan and Brooke (Ikego Day Camp) were walking with us, too. We went to a beach (it was okay as far as beaches go, not great, partly because it was rainy and overcast), and then to this temple that was pretty out of the way. In Kamakura, the main attractions are the many shrines and temples, but this one temple was kind of apart from the others, so there was like no one there. We saw a Japanese cemetery there and even went up on the walkway (which required that you take off your shoes and put on the slippers provided by the temple). It was pretty cool.

On Sunday, me, Megan, and Aaron were supposed to go to Tokyo Disney, but Aaron said he was too tired. Then me and Megan realized we had no idea how to get there, and ITT wasn’t open (which is the travel information place) so we decided not to do anything for Sunday. But that lasted only a few hours, cuz at 10:30 in the morning, Megan comes knocking on my door saying she’s bored and wants to go to Yokohama.

So, me, Megan, and Tama (my roommate) end up going to Yokohama. Me and Megan had been there for the baseball game the weekend before, so we kinda knew where we were going. We realized it was a mistake to bring Tama along, though, because we had completely different agendas. Me and Megan wanted to shop, and so did Tama, but by “shop,” we meant souvenir shopping. Tama apparently meant shoe shopping. She wanted to go to all these expensive looking mall places, and Megan and I were like… no. We walked around in an underground mall for a while, but Tama said it was too expensive, so we went to another train station, and walked by this one mall with all these American stores in it. And guess who wanted to go in? Megan and I tried to make a deal with her, saying that first we could all go ride on the giant ferris wheel, and then we’d shop at Chinatown, but she chose to split up with us and go to the mall. Me and Megan were a tad bit worried because we weren’t supposed to be splitting up… and Tama is the worldliest of people, but what could we do?

So we rode the ferris wheel, a roller coaster, and had some crepes, while Tama was shopping… or so we thought. Apparently, all she actually did was find a bathroom and glance at the shops, she didn’t actually get to shop. Then, when we went to Chinatown, she thought we were mad at her because we wouldn’t go in the mall with her. It was absolutely ridiculous, and megan and I agreed that was the last time we traveled anywhere with her. She was obliviously rude to the Japanese people, and blatantly rude to Megan, and that was it. No more.

I’m glad I got to go on the ferris wheel, but other than that, I didn’t get any shopping done. Bleh. But it was nice to at least get off base for a bit.

Camp on Monday wasn’t too bad, mainly because we got to pick which kids were in our groups. We had some trouble getting the kids’ attention because there were just so many of them (50 in one room) and it was so loud. But other than that, it wasn’t bad. Spencer and Courtney didn’t agree, but I think that’s just because they got some of my kids from last week. My group is soooooo much better this week.

The field trip today was AMAZING, and by that I mean it kept the kids fairly entertained. It was to Fuji Safari Park (so we passed right by Mt. Fuji). First, we sat on the bus and drove through the park and saw a bunch of animals. Then we had lunch, and walked around and saw more animals. There were two extra hours at the end when the kids really had nothing to do, but we took them to the shop to buy things, and then just took them to have snack and played games until it was time to leave. I had a great staff of two people for just my group: Miss Helen and Miss Dawn. (Megan got stuck with Mr. Scott now, which is the MWR staff that I had last week, and he didn’t do anything). I love my staff… they bought me ice cream! Another thing that made my day ten times better was that we got to watch movies on the bus. Woot woot!!! (We watched Cars on the way back, and I just LOVE Mater. Git-r-done!!!!)

I should probably sleep now, but I just wanted to get all caught up on my blog. This next weekend should be interesting, though, because I am going to Kyoto and Osaka with Megan and Aaron. We shall see how it goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment